[distcc] Monitor programs do not work with Portage/Gentoo Linux

Paul_Donovan at scee.net Paul_Donovan at scee.net
Mon Jun 23 12:05:41 GMT 2003

Martin wrote:
>On 23 Jun 2003, Paul_Donovan at scee.net wrote:
>> I'm know I'm in the minority here, but I just wanted to point out that
not
>> everyone has a full UNIX environment to work in so try not to assume it
:-)
>> I've had enough battles getting distcc working under Win2k with a
version
>> of gcc that only understands DOS paths - I don't need any more hassle
;-)

>OK.  The best thing you can do is send reports like this earlier
>rather than later.

The unpacked CVS I grabbed works fine on my Cygwin systems.  On a related
note, I've attached a tiny patch to Makefile.in that fixes the executable
name of distccmon-text - EXEEXT was missing from the end of the name. This
has been broken since distccmon-text was added so I thought I'd better fix
it :-)
(See attached file: distccmon-text-exe.patch)

Paul

postmaster at scee.net

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for all known viruses.

 SCEE 2003