[distcc] Re: Distcc 2.7 fails to compile on OSX

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Mon Jun 23 06:22:00 GMT 2003

On 21 Jun 2003, Dara Hazeghi <dhazeghi at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Try doing: make CC="gcc -no-cpp-precomp" . CVS worked
> fine for me a few days ago. Hopefully cpp-precomp will
> finally disappear and die soon (it breaks on
> everything, not just distcc). Cheers,

Thanks for working this out, Dara.

If somebody would like to write an autoconf test for this then I would
be happy to take it.  I would like to test specifically for the broken
behaviour and that using -no-cpp-precomp fixes it.  Just ifdef'ing on
APPLE or whatever may cause trouble if that option is removed in the
future.