[distcc] ncpus returns 0

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Thu Jun 12 04:12:39 GMT 2003

On 12 Jun 2003, Frerich Raabe <frerich.raabe at gmx.de> wrote:
> On Thursday 12 June 2003 05:47, you wrote:
> > On 12 Jun 2003, Frerich Raabe <frerich.raabe at gmx.de> wrote:
> > > Are you about to release 2.6? If so, maybe you can postpone it a bit? I
> > > get a crash with current CVS:
>
> > I'll test under valgrind a bit and then release, unless you know of
> > anything else.
>
> Running "make install" fails on this FreeBSD system since it always executes
> the "install-linuxdoc" target, even though the check for linuxdoc when
> running the configure script prints "result: no" in the log.

OK.

> What I'm wondering is whether a plain table which basically shows what the
> textmode monitor prints using nice KDE widgets is really useful. Maybe
> something like TeamBuilder would be more interesting (basically a view with a
> few images of workstations arranged around the local host, which is in th
> emiddle of the view. The images contain such data as the hostname, the PID
> and the file which is compiled - IIRC TeamBuilder also makes the workstation
> image flash in case a host is busy)

That would certainly be nice.

I was hoping somebody who more regularly does GUI work would like to
write it if I provided an API and example. :-)

I'm not so sure burning lots of cycles running a GUI when you're
trying to compile quickly is a good idea, but perhaps people will find
it amusing.  I guess something simple won't hurt too much.

Another thing that I thought might be cool would be for a network
monitoring tool like Netsaint to keep track of build machines that are
up.  I think just checking that the port is open should be enough.

Something like the Incredibuild interface showing a kind of Gantt
chart might also be nice.

  http://www.xoreax.com/main.htm