[distcc] Re: ERROR: sendfile failed: Connection reset by peer

Dimitri PAPADOPOULOS-ORFANOS papadopo at shfj.DECOY.cea.NOSPAM.fr
Thu May 22 16:20:10 GMT 2003

Hi,

> However when using the distcc 2.4.1 client we get the following error
> messages:
>
> distcc[17780] (dcc_pump_sendfile) ERROR: sendfile failed: Connection
> reset by peer
> distcc[17780] (dcc_build_somewhere) Warning: failed to distribute,
> running locally instead
>
> Do you have any clue what could be causing this? Note that we're running
> also running ccache so distcc gets called by ccache.

Some more information.

This works:
	$ setenv DISTCC_HOSTS 'clegis localhost'
	$ make -j20
This works too:
	$ setenv DISTCC_HOSTS 'daguenet localhost'
	$ make -j20

This often doesn't work:
	$ setenv DISTCC_HOSTS 'daguenet clegis localhost'
	$ make -j20

The more servers I add to the list, the more errors I get.

Something has changed in the way hosts are handled. Am I really the only
one to see this problem?

I've launched the distcc daemon on 'clegis' with the '--verbose' option.
I can see no error messages in the log file. This seems to be a bug in
the client.

--
Dimitri