[distcc] Re: xinetd 2.3.11-1.8.0

Jeff rustysawdust at yahoo.com
Tue May 20 15:33:51 GMT 2003

Martin Pool wrote:
> Can you have a look in the log on the server for messages from either
> xinetd or distccd?

I think I found it:

May 19 12:09:59 cow xinetd[918]: service/protocol combination not in
/etc/services: distcc/tcp
May 19 12:10:00 cow xinetd[918]: xinetd Version 2.3.11 started with
libwrap loadavg options compiled in.
May 19 12:10:00 cow xinetd[918]: Started working: 1 available service
May 19 12:10:02 cow xinetd: xinetd startup succeeded

I just added the following to /etc/services on the machines with the
xinetd patch and they now seem to be compiling just fine:

distcc		3632/tcp			#distcc

I poked around on RedHat's site a bit to try and find out why this is
now required but I couldn't really come up with anything.

-- Jeff