[distcc] Re: Distcc & GDB (fix)

Wayne Davison wayned at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 13 02:54:15 GMT 2003

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 12:08:39PM +1000, Martin Pool wrote:
> Both situations have problems.

I can imagine one other potential scenario:  make ccache smart enough in
its understanding of the object-file format so that it can leave out the
debug-dir info from its hash computation and substitute it to the
current user's value on a cache hit.  This allows there to be a match
between identical files in different source dirs, and also makes the
debug-dir value get set correctly on all builds (this presumes that the
hard-link option is not on, which I would personally never use).

..wayne..