[distcc] Re: Distcc & GDB (fix)

Thomas Walker Thomas.Walker at morganstanley.com
Sat May 10 06:42:30 GMT 2003

Thank you very much, I'll take a look at the patch and see what I can do...
I certainly realize that Redhat and the GCC guys are very different (but
overlapping) groups.  I just figured it couldn't hurt to try pushing a
little harder in a place that I have access to to see if this behavior
could be fixed.  I would gather that, although Redhat does not have any
direct control over gcc (or any other fsf project) that they do have some
(slight) influence over the bug report/feature request end of things (I've
had moderate success with glibc issues thus far through them).	It does,
afterall, seem ridiculous that the source directory is not picked up in a
place where it is more or less guaranteed to be accurate at the cost of a
few extra bytes in the .i file (which is generally then immediately
discarded...)

Tom.