[distcc] distcc-over-ssh!

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Wed Apr 2 05:24:38 GMT 2003

On  1 Apr 2003, Wayne Davison <wayned at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> One thing I noticed (in both the ssh and non-ssh version) is that distcc
> says that to be executing "gcc -E" twice.  Should that be happening?  I
> haven't noticed this before, but that doesn't mean it's new.  I'm just
> running "distcc gcc -c foo.c" with a single remote host in
> DISTCC_HOSTS.

I can't immediately reproduce this but I haven't tried very hard yet.
Perhaps it's something to do with your path or masquerade setup?

Do you mind explaining what the meaning of safeguards>1 is, and how
they're meant to interact with dcc_support_masquerade()?

Also please stick to returning EXIT_* values in anything you should
happen to write in future.  I realize not all the code is completely
consistent in this but I'd like to move towards it.

Thanks