[distcc] distcc-over-ssh!

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Wed Apr 2 05:00:25 GMT 2003

On  1 Apr 2003, Wayne Davison <wayned at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 10:46:15AM +1000, Martin Pool wrote:
> > On  1 Apr 2003, Wayne Davison <wayned at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> > > (I'm testing CVS + all my remaining patches.)
> >
> > What else do you have?
>
> I'm using 3 prior submissions that haven't been dealt with yet:

>  - Change host-options to trailing ",OPT" values (instead of infix
>    '/N').

I think I'll probably not take this one for now.  I think /N is just a
stop-gap until I can do a better scheduler, which would almost
certainly depend on servers to gate incoming requests, rather than the
client limiting the number that it dispatches.

>  - Enable masquerade-dir PATH-stripping in distccd (with the variable
>    DISTCCD_PATH to let the power user force any PATH they like).

This is good.

>  - Added a QVER (version query) request.

Good in principle, but I think it might be better to make the server
just always send its version number when acccepting a request.  It
might be useful to have in the client verbose log in case there's ever
a bug of this kind.

> If you don't want to use the QVER change, at least fix the bug in
> dcc_r_request_header():

Done.