[distcc] installing documentation broken in 1.3cvs

Wayne Davison wayned at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 26 17:42:29 GMT 2003

The current method of installing documentation seems to be broken (for
the 1.3cvs version).  Since I don't have the linuxdoc tools installed,
using "make install" does not install any documentation at all because
make fails to build an info file for the package.  It seems to me that
either the Makefile needs to be modified to separate the installing of
the HTML and info docs, or the info file needs to be supplied with the
tar file.  Here is one implementation of the Makefile-tweaking option:

try-install-linuxdoc: install-linuxdoc-html
	-$(MAKE) install-linuxdoc-info

install-linuxdoc: install-linuxdoc-html install-linuxdoc-info

install-linuxdoc-html: linuxdoc/html/distcc.html
	$(INSTALL) -d $(DESTDIR)$(manualdocdir)/html
	$(INSTALL_DATA) linuxdoc/html/* $(DESTDIR)$(manualdocdir)/html

install-linuxdoc-info: $(linuxdoc_INFO)
	$(INSTALL) -d $(DESTDIR)$(infodir)
	$(INSTALL_DATA) $(linuxdoc_INFO) $(DESTDIR)$(infodir)

..wayne..