[distcc] on accepting patches

Stephen White swhite at decisionsoft.com
Wed Mar 12 10:05:44 GMT 2003

---- Original Message ----
> From Martin Pool <mbp at samba.org>
> Date: Wednesday, 12 Mar 2003, 02:27
>
>  - compression

Great ... I'll try and find time to document and test it.  Testing it
shouldn't be hard since it's just a matter of running the same tests
with and without DISTCC_COMPRESS set (this is how I've been testing it
currently).  I don't think one or two compression-specific tests will
cut it because things like empty source files, error reporting, etc, can
all potentially be broken by the compression code even when a simple
compile 'Hello World' style test case passes.

--
Stephen White                               +44-1865-203192
DecisionSoft Limited                        http://www.decisionsoft.com