[distcc] DocBook version of distcc manual

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Fri Jan 31 00:45:12 GMT 2003

On 31 Jan 2003, Frerich Raabe <raabe at kde.org> wrote:

> Which tool did you use for validating? I use the xmllint program as shipped
> with the libxml library (http://libxml.org), and neither the simple
> test for well-formedness, nor using the SGML parser, nor validating the
> document against the specified DTD triggered any warnings here.

I tried running it through xmlto from Debian Sid,  which calls
xmllint.

ii  xmlto          0.0.12-2       XML-to-any converter
ii  libxml2        2.5.1-1        GNOME XML library
ii  docbook-xml    4.2-6          Standard XML documentation system, for softw

The errors are

cd /home/mbp/work/distcc/head/usermanual/
xmlto -v html distcc-manual.xml
Format script: /usr/share/xmlto/format/docbook/html
Convert to HTML (with chunks)
Real stylesheet: /usr/share/sgml/docbook/stylesheet/xsl/nwalsh/html/chunk.xsl
xmllint >/dev/null --loaddtd --postvalid /home/mbp/work/distcc/head/usermanual/distcc-manual.xml
xmlto: input does not validate
/home/mbp/work/distcc/head/usermanual/distcc-manual.xml:58: validity error: Element keyword was declared #PCDATA but contains non text nodes
	<keyword>&appname;</keyword>
                            ^
/home/mbp/work/distcc/head/usermanual/distcc-manual.xml:67: validity error: Element epigraph content does not follow the DTD
Expecting (attribution? , ((formalpara | para | simpara) | literallayout)+), got (para attribution )
</epigraph>
          ^
/home/mbp/work/distcc/head/usermanual/distcc-manual.xml:148: validity error: Element warning content does not follow the DTD
Expecting (title? , (calloutlist | glosslist | itemizedlist | orderedlist | segmentedlist | simplelist | variablelist | literallayout | programlisting | programlistingco | screen | screenco | screenshot | synopsis | cmdsynopsis | funcsynopsis | classsynopsis | fieldsynopsis | constructorsynopsis | destructorsynopsis | methodsynopsis | formalpara | para | simpara | address | blockquote | graphic | graphicco | mediaobject | mediaobjectco | informalequation | informalexample | informalfigure | informaltable | equation | example | figure | table | procedure | sidebar | anchor | bridgehead | remark | indexterm | beginpage)+), got (CDATA CDATA)
and all users are trusted.</warning></para>
                                    ^
/home/mbp/work/distcc/head/usermanual/distcc-manual.xml:478: validity error: Value "hostname" for attribute class of systemitem is not among the enumerated set
                                           ^
/home/mbp/work/distcc/head/usermanual/distcc-manual.xml:482: validity error: Value "hostname" for attribute class of systemitem is not among the enumerated set
<systemitem class="hostname">localhost</systemitem> by setting
                            ^
/home/mbp/work/distcc/head/usermanual/distcc-manual.xml:485: validity error: Value "hostname" for attribute class of systemitem is not among the enumerated set
                                           ^
/home/mbp/work/distcc/head/usermanual/distcc-manual.xml:488: validity error: Value "hostname" for attribute class of systemitem is not among the enumerated set
<systemitem class="hostname">localhost</systemitem>. This is slower, but
                            ^
/home/mbp/work/distcc/head/usermanual/distcc-manual.xml:670: validity error: No declaration for attribute name of element ulink
<ulink url="http://ccache.samba.org/" name="ccache">ccache</ulink> tool for
                                                   ^
/home/mbp/work/distcc/head/usermanual/distcc-manual.xml:738: validity error: Element example content does not follow the DTD
Expecting (blockinfo? , (title , titleabbrev?) , (calloutlist | glosslist | itemizedlist | orderedlist | segmentedlist | simplelist | variablelist | literallayout | programlisting | programlistingco | screen | screenco | screenshot | synopsis | cmdsynopsis | funcsynopsis | classsynopsis | fieldsynopsis | constructorsynopsis | destructorsynopsis | methodsynopsis | formalpara | para | simpara | address | blockquote | graphic | graphicco | mediaobject | mediaobjectco | informalequation | informalexample | informalfigure | informaltable | indexterm | beginpage)+), got (CDATA replaceable replaceable CDATA)
</example>
         ^
/home/mbp/work/distcc/head/usermanual/distcc-manual.xml:824: validity error: Element varlistentry content does not follow the DTD
Expecting (term+ , listitem), got (term listitem CDATA)
</varlistentry>
              ^

Compilation finished at Fri Jan 31 11:43:32