[distcc] distcc & glibc-2.2.5 & gcc-3.2

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Sat Oct 12 12:10:00 GMT 2002

On 11 Oct 2002, Alexandre Oliva <oliva at lsd.ic.unicamp.br> wrote:

> Err...  So if I name my compilers compile.c and compile.C, distcc will
> take them as source file names instead of as compiler names?

Yes, I'm afraid so.

I think that's not much more reasonable than not calling your source
.c, though.  After all, gcc makes plenty of assumptions about file
naming conventions.

> This doesn't sound right to me.

Well, it's a heuristic.  I don't think there's any perfect case.

It could be improved a bit more I suppose by scanning the path to see
whether there is any such file with +x, but there are still
(contrived?) cases where that can fail.