[distcc] Re: Patch for problem with distcc and ccache

Chris Halls chris.halls at gmx.de
Thu Aug 15 01:02:00 GMT 2002

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 11:54:09AM +0200, Marcus Gruendler wrote:
> Oh, does this mean ccache will return the cached object not matter if it
> was called together with distcc or not? This would be very nice indeed!
>
> Currently it seems to me that ccache caches all objects that are created
> with distcc. This works alright. But of course it returns other objects
> that have been created without distcc, although the are actually the same...

Yes, that's right.  And even worse, if the compiler version changes, ccache
no longer notices because it thinks that distcc is the compiler...

I'm looking to see if it is possible to make ccache add distcc to the
command line only during the compile stage, and not include it otherwise in
any of the hashes or version checks.  I don't know whether Andrew will be
satisfied with this or not.

Chris