[distcc] 0.5rc2

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Fri Jun 28 01:23:01 GMT 2002

On 28 Jun 2002, Claes Wallin <clawa570 at cyd.liu.se> wrote:
> Actually, the first patch worked like a charm. But this one works
> just as well. ;-)

The first patch may make it hard to kill the daemon.  Not a big deal.

> Now there's only two silly little things below perfection left in pyunit:
>
> 1. My machine is i386-unknown-freebsd4.4, which would need a [.\w-] instead of just [.\w-] in the version test.
> 2. My gcc-2.95.3 actually says "syntax error", not "parse error" on
> the SyntaxError test.

Thanks.

> Still, distcc works great for me (my linux and BSD boxes are each
> running three compilers - for linux, freebsd and mingw), and I'm
> looking forward to seeing what further pipelining will do to
> performance.

Great.  How are you cross-compiling?  Just with something like this?

  distcc gcc-linux-x86 -c foo.c

Oracle: Can't break it.*  Can't break in.**
* sometimes
** unless you're thinking of, say, a buffer overflow, but we
aren't counting that.