[distcc] Re: Solaris patch for distcc 0.4

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Tue Jun 11 09:50:14 GMT 2002

On 10 Jun 2002, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com> wrote:

> Here is another patch for distcc 0.4.  This one fixes several compile
> errors on Solaris when using the SUN Forte compiler.  I got as far as
> a link error (missing libpopt), but I'll try again with the next
> version.  I'll have the popt library available by then.
>
>  - typo in configure.ac (test uses '=', not '==')
>
>  - Skip the __attributte__ code on non-gcc compilers.
>
>  - Only use vararg macros when supported (this patch just removes the
>    trace code.  It should implement replacement).

Thanks.  You can see that I used to have a more portable version, but
I think I broke it.

>  - use lockf() when flock() is missing

OK.

The argument parser is slightly gcc-specific and might need to be
changed if you want to use distcc to call Sun cc (rather than Sun cc
to build distcc.)  It may be possible to make the parser conservative
enough to handle both or work out which is which; failing that some
kind of mode switch might be needed.