[cifs-protocol] [REG:115052112759051] Samba 4.1 classic (nt4-like) support as a DC to Windows 10

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat May 23 00:27:31 MDT 2015

On Fri, 2015-05-22 at 21:27 +0000, Edgar Olougouna wrote:
> QUESTION: What is the meaning of nt4-like in "Samba 4.1 classic (nt4-like) support as a DC"? is there any "equivalent"  Windows SKU?

No, there is no matching Windows SKU.  For context, see the comments by
Ned Pyle in this thread:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/8b4dd460-dd57-41da-b541-6933cd4d2531/windows-7-joining-a-windows-nt-server?forum=w7itpronetworking

Another user there references "Microsoft Connect bug submission has ID
397104", but the real work came via close coordination between your team
and us, the Samba Team :-)

> Typically we would collect TTT of LSA and debug. Since Win 10 is a development build, I'd like to see whether we can repro this in house and take a look.
> Could you describe how to configure the environment and the repro steps?
> Details:
> How to setup the Samba 4.1 classic (nt4-like) DC.
> Where to get the Linux flavor and how install the Samba DC.
> NOTE: I will be using Hyper-V.

Thanks.  If someone else (eg Vincent or Denis) doesn't get these to you
shortly, I'll personally reproduce this and get you the exact
instructions I used next week.