[cifs-protocol] [REG:113103010905266] Behaviour of UF_LOCKOUT compared with UF_PASSWORD_EXPIRED

Edgar Olougouna edgaro at microsoft.com
Wed Nov 20 21:12:25 MST 2013

Andrew,
Debugging NetrLogonSamLogonEx in a pass-through scenario between Windows with STATUS_ACCOUNT_LOCKED_OUT, I observed that both (account_locked_out, password_expired) bits are set in the routine that computes user account control bits. account_locked_out is set provided we are within lockout duration, otherwise the account and status will not be locked out.
In my testing, LogonLevel = NetlogonNetworkTransitiveInformation (0n6) and ValidationLevel = NetlogonValidationSamInfo4 (0n6).
Assuming this does not exhibit the behavior you experimented, I would need a debug a TTT trace taken from your repro environment.
Would you be able to have some spare cycles and collect repro traces in the near future so we can conclude on this?

Thanks,
Edgar