[cifs-protocol] SystemLibraryDTC

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Oct 14 23:50:47 MDT 2011

Tridge and I out of curiosity looked up SystemLibraryDTC in the
documentation, and couldn't find it.  For those unaware of the history
here, this is the fixed-value key used for encryption of passwords and
other sensitive data over RPC pipes, when RPC-level authentication is
used (ie, not inherited named pipe authentication).

(The exception is DRSUAPI, which uses the real session key from the
authentication context).

Did our grep simply miss it, or did this never get documented?

Recent work we did with calls needing this key (CreateTrustedDomainEx2)
returning NT_STATUS_NO_SESSION_KEY, which suggests a possible windows
behaviour change.

I hope what I've written above gives enough detail to start looking into
the problem.