[cifs-protocol] [REG:110122270441425] MS-DNSP; RANK in 2.2.2.2.5 DNS_RPC_RECORD dwFlags & 2.3.1.2 dnsRecord; how the rank affects processing

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Wed Jan 12 16:08:15 MST 2011

Hi Bryan,

 > However, you raise a couple of issues, including a
 > request/suggestion for new document.  I am discussing this with the
 > Windows Interop team.  I'll follow-up in a new thread.

thanks. I suspect we'll find more DNS issues as we expand our DNS
server support.

Just so you know, until recently we didn't support having mixed Samba
and Microsoft DNS servers in the same domain. That was a big missing
piece that we are now addressing. We're at the stage now that we have
a demonstration of that working, but there is quite a bit more
development for us to do. As we do that development I'm sure there
will be more DNS issues coming up.

As yet we haven't attempted to implement the MS-DNSP RPC protocol,
we're just trying to do the DNS server piece, and have it replicate
correctly with MS DNS servers via DRS. We will look at adding MS-DNSP
later.

Cheers, Tridge