[cifs-protocol] [REG:110112076424325]Problem communicating with SPOOLSS, invalid parameter.

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Nov 24 16:18:07 MST 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 12:09:39AM +0000, Bryan Burgin wrote:
> Jeremy,
>
> I'm researching this for you.  I worked with Guenther on similar [MS-RPRN]questions during the Samba IO Lab, along with Nick and Tarun from Microsoft and the Product Group.
>
> The two most detailed debugging techniques would be for me to collect ETW traces from you
> or Time Travel Traces (iDNA Traces).  Both would involve receiving logs from you and analyzing
> them here.  As for ETW traces, we would use TraceLog.  I'm reviewing the exact GUIDs you need
> to specify.  As for TT Traces, I will also send you the tool to capture the iDNA log.

Thanks ! Ping me when you have the information telling me how
to do this. After Thanksgiving is fine :-).

> Can you send me a screen shot showing me the "INVALID_PARAMETER error dialog box (0x00000057)"?

Will do - but won't be able to do this until after
Thanksgiving now (Monday), sorry. It isn't very
helpful, just a standard "Error 0x00000057" dialog
box.

Thanks a *lot* for helping with this, I really
appreciate it.

Jeremy.