[cifs-protocol] MS-LSAD 3.1.4.7.10-12 CreateTrustedDomain* question

Hongwei Sun hongweis at microsoft.com
Wed Nov 17 12:17:58 MST 2010

Matthias,

  As per the processing logic in 3.1.4.7.10 in MS-LSAD,  the caller to LsarCreateTrustedDomainEx2 or similar functions has to be a member of the Domain Admins group to access the policy handle.  The requirement for the caller's control access right is also defined in the same section.   The constraint you mentioned in MS-ADTS is for LDAP Add operation.  The ERROR_DS_CANT_ADD_SYSTEM_ONLY means that it is not permitted to add the attribute which is owned by the system.

  Please let me know if I understand your questions correctly and if you have more questions.

Thanks!

Hongwei