[cifs-protocol] MS_RRP: Question on Symbolic Links

Andreas Schneider mail at cynapses.org
Thu May 20 10:08:28 MDT 2010

Hello Dochelp Team,

my name is Andreas Schneider, I'm a PFIF subcontractor and Samba Team member.

Section 3.1.1.11 of the MS-RRP document describes how to create, open and
follow symbolic links.

The documentation doesn't describe how to delete these symbolic links. I've
tried to open the key with REG_OPTION_OPEN_LINK and delete the value
"SymbolicLinkValue" but it didn't work.

It looks like the target key needs to be saved in kernel mode as described
here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/264584

Is that true or are user and kernel mode valid now?

Best regards,

	-- andreas schneider