[cifs-protocol] DRS option bits

Hongwei Sun hongweis at microsoft.com
Wed Oct 28 20:23:22 MDT 2009

Tridge,

   The Flag DRS_PREEMPTED is used by the replication client DC to manage its own replicationQueue(5.154 in MS-DRSR), and it is not used between two DCs for replication.  The flag indicates that a particular replication operation was interrupted and re-enqueued.

   The ReplicationQueue stores a sequence of replication operations to be processed by the DC. An implementation can choose its own way to process the queue, including determining when to preempt an operation.

   Please let us know if you need more information regarding this issue.

Thanks!

Hongwei