[cifs-protocol] RE: erroneous references to little-endian

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri May 29 01:39:02 GMT 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-28 at 06:03 -0700, Richard Guthrie wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> We have completed our investigation and have updated the documentation
> to remove references that specify a parameter as little endian where
> the values endianess is negotiated by the underlying RPC protocol as
> we discussed previously.  Here is the list of fields in which the endianess text was removed:

Thankyou.

However, have you made investigations to see if this has occurred in any
other protocols?

For example, MS-ADTS 7.3.1.1 continues the fine tradition of claiming to
present a bit table in little endian, but it is actually big-endian (and
is an integer string on LDAP, and little-endian in the NBT netlogon
dgram 7.3.1.4).