[cifs-protocol] RE: 600634 - RE: salt used for various principal types

Hongwei Sun hongweis at microsoft.com
Mon Sep 15 20:54:59 GMT 2008

Andrew,

    We completed the document change regarding the key salt calculation for realm trust.  The change will appear in the  future release of 3.3.1 [MS-KILE] as follows.

                3.3 KDC Details

                3.3.1 Abstract Data Model

                KILE concatenates the following information to use as the key salt for realm trusts:

               Inbound trusts: <all upper case name of the remote realm> | "krbtgt" | <all upper case name of the local realm>

               Outbound trusts: <all upper case name of the local realm> | "krbtgt" | <all upper case name of the remote realm>

     Please let us know if you need further clarification on this subject.

Thanks

Hongwei  Sun - Sr. Support Escalation Engineer
DSC Protocol  Team, Microsoft
hongweis at microsoft.com
Tel:  469-7757027 x 57027