[cifs-protocol] FW: SAMBA4 Test suite interoperability testing in preparation for the upcoming event.

Nick Meier nmeier at microsoft.com
Thu Sep 11 18:46:32 GMT 2008

Hi Stefan,

Attached is a .zip file that contains four capture files which demonstrates the behavior.  The capture files are named:
    LSAT_WITHOUT_UUID.cap
    LSAT_WITH_UUID.cap
    SAMR_WITHOUT_UUID.cap
    SAMR_WITH_UUID.cap

Ot recap, the issue is that when the optional object UUID is present, the RPC call fails.

In the LSAT captures, the frames of interest are:
    With the UUID
        Request:  Frame 55
        Response: Frame 56
    Without the UUID
        Request:  Frame 32
        Response: Frame 33

In the Samr captures, the frames of interest are:
    With the UUID
        Request:  Frame 51
        Response: Frame 53
    Without the UUID
        Request:  Frame 27
        Response: Frame 28

I renamed the .zip to .zzz in case there is any e-mail filtering along the way that might strip a .zip file.

Let me know if you have any questions,

-Nick