[cifs-protocol] RE: Other types of Kerberos messages on SamLogon Generic

Hongwei Sun hongweis at microsoft.com
Mon Sep 8 19:44:02 GMT 2008

Andrew,

  We ran Smbtortue RPC-PAC  testing on windows 2008 DC and got the following output.

[root at fed8 source]# bin/smbtorture -k yes //VM-W2K8.nick.com/public RPC-PAC Using seed 1220896649 Running PAC Password for [NICKDOM\root]:

Domain join failed - Connection to SAMR pipe of DC VM-W2K8.nick.com failed: Connection to DC VM-W2K8.nick.com failed: NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL Setup failed: torture/rpc/rpc.c:144: Failed to join as BDC PAC took 11.264 sec

   Is this what you observed ?  Is there any documentation describing what this test is doing ?

Thanks !

Hongwei