[cifs-protocol] RE: 600634 - RE: salt used for various principal types

Richard Guthrie rguthrie at microsoft.com
Thu Sep 4 14:33:19 GMT 2008

Andrew,

We have completed our research and, in this scenario, the salt calculation is based on MIT Kerberos implementation.  We are working on how to document this and will update you once that is complete with the final documentation change.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Richard Guthrie
Open Protocols Support Team
Support Escalation Engineer, US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM
Tel: +1 (469) 775-7794
E-mail: rguthrie at microsoft.com
We're hiring http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.aspx?JobID=A976CE32-B0B9-41E3-AF57-05A82B88383E&start=1&interval=10&SortCol=DatePosted