[cifs-protocol] RE: Secret 'last set times' doc incorrect in 2008 - 600578

Richard Guthrie rguthrie at microsoft.com
Wed Sep 3 19:38:56 GMT 2008

Andrew,

I have completed my research on LsarSetSecret.  The documentation provides information when you have an exception case such as when one updates EncryptedCurrentValue.  I have included a scenario that might help clarify the behavior:

Scenario:
I have a secret object with old and new secret values set and both have timestamps indicating when the values were last updated/set.  I then make a call to LsarSetSecret passing in null for new secret value and a value I choose for old secret value.

This will null out the new secret value and update the old secret value.  I should also observe that the timestamps for both old/new secret values would be set to current server time.  The table you reference shows this to be the behavior.

Please let us know if you have further questions regarding this issue.

Richard Guthrie
Open Protocols Support Team
Support Escalation Engineer, US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM
Tel: +1 (469) 775-7794
E-mail: rguthrie at microsoft.com
We're hiring http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.aspx?JobID=A976CE32-B0B9-41E3-AF57-05A82B88383E&start=1&interval=10&SortCol=DatePosted