[Pfif] [cifs-protocol] Clarify AEAD behaviour for GSSAPIwith AES

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Sun Oct 19 15:03:24 GMT 2008

Hi Hongwei,

>   We finished adding an example for GSS_WrapEx with
> AES128-CTS-HMAC-SHA1-96 in [MS-KILE]. The attached PDF document is the
> newly added section(4.3) of the [MS-KILE] document.
>
>   We really appreciate your suggestion.   Please let us know if you have
> further questions regarding this subject.

It would be nice if this example would use ec != 0, as that was exactly
not match RFC 4121 and the reason our (heimdal) krb5 code was not able to
handle network traffix from windows.

You should unify the naming of the resulting overhead, in the diagramm
you use 'checksum' and in the test you use 'signature', maybe 'token'
would be the better word here, as 'checksum' is a non unique in the diagramm.

An example with arcfour-hmac-md5 would also be very useful,
as there the pseudo ASN.1 wrapping arround the token is very tricky.
As it's only arround the 'token' instead of 'token' + 'message' +
'padding' as it is for the standard GSS_Wrap function.

Also it would be nice to have a specific example how the RPC layer
calls GSS_WrapEx.

It would also be very helpfull to know how the mapping to the SSPI
function parameters works.

metze