[cifs-protocol] RE: LZ77 + DIRECT2 compression MS-OXCRPC

Tom Devey Tom.Devey at microsoft.com
Fri Aug 29 17:35:09 GMT 2008

Ok.
-----Original Message-----
From: Matthieu Suiche [mailto:msuiche at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2008 10:22 AM
To: Tom Devey
Cc: Interoperability Documentation Help; pfif at tridgell.net; cifs-protocol at samba.org; Stefan (metze) Metzmacher
Subject: Re: LZ77 + DIRECT2 compression MS-OXCRPC

I've noticed this change during my implementation of the compression
function. Without it I wouldn't be able to get a correct output. This
part is successfuly implemented in my code. The problem looks related
to the way MSFT is looking for a match window. It stops too early.

I don't know if its a volontary code optimization, or not. As I said,
I my implementation find a longer match than MSFT. Thus, my compressed
buffer is smaller than MSFT's one. And this compressed buffer is
successfuly decompressed my decompression function.

I mean my output is correct, but I want to have exactly the same
output as MSFT. That's why I've to understand the exact behavior of
the part of the function that should return the longest match.

--
Matthieu Suiche