[cifs-protocol] RE: 601628 RE: Mapping of MS-LSAD onto LDAP and DRS replications

Richard Guthrie rguthrie at microsoft.com
Thu Aug 28 13:44:06 GMT 2008

Andrew,

Thanks for the follow up questions.  The use of secrets to store domain trust passwords was used prior to Windows 2000.  In Windows 2000 and beyond Trust Information such as Trust Passwords is stored in Active Directory on the TDO.  There is no mention of TrustAuthIncoming or TrustAuthOutgoing in the TrustedInformationPassword text in section 3.1.4.7.3 MS-LSAD because use of that flag for InformationClass performs work on secrets and not the TDO.

The user object under CN=Users is not influenced by calls to LsarSetTrustedDomainInfo when InformationClass==TrustedPasswordInformation. When InformationClass == TrustedDomainInformationEx and TrustDirection is set to Inbound, the value on the trustAuthIncoming attribute of the trust object is set on the user object's password attributes.

Let us know if you have additional questions

Richard Guthrie
Open Protocols Support Team
Support Escalation Engineer, US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM
Tel: +1 (469) 775-7794
E-mail: rguthrie at microsoft.com
We're hiring http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.aspx?JobID=A976CE32-B0B9-41E3-AF57-05A82B88383E&start=1&interval=10&SortCol=DatePosted