[cifs-protocol] RE: Secret 'last set times' doc incorrect in 2008 - 600578

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Aug 26 22:50:27 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-26 at 14:21 -0700, Richard Guthrie wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> I will be working with you to resolve your issue.  I had a quick
> question to help with our research:
>
> If you have a secret object with old/new secret values set.  They also
> both have a timestamp indicating when the values were last
> updated/set.  You call LsarSetSecret passing in null for new secret
> value and some value for old secret value.  You observe that the old
> secret value timestamp = ?, You observe that the new secret value
> timestamp = ? (Please let me know what these values are in the test
> you reference).

The old secret timestamp and the new secret timestamp is 'current server
time' (or at least the same, my tests don't actually verify the clock).

http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=blob;f=source/torture/rpc/lsa.c;h=ec74426ac6487be632441ca925342eac2466914b;hb=0c4227e45d6b8e31a0219358042318e9d2a0b36d#l1276