[cifs-protocol] RE: Request for fix to MS-PAC

Richard Guthrie rguthrie at microsoft.com
Thu Aug 21 22:02:38 GMT 2008

Ronnie,

Thank you for your question.  We have completed our review and agree this was missing from the documentation.  It will be corrected in a future version of the documentation but I wanted to provide you with the missing information.  The updates that will be added to the documentation are listed below.

The ulType field will have a flag added for 0x0000000C and its meaning will be as follows:

        UPN and DNS information (section 2.10). PAC structures SHOULD contain zero or one buffer of this type. Additional UPN and DNS information buffers               MUST be ignored.

        A section will be added to section 2 Structures entitled UPN_DNS_INFO.  Here is the added text:

        2.10        UPN_DNS_INFO
        The UPN_DNS_INFO structure contains the client's UPN and DNS name. It is used to provide the UPN and DNS name that corresponds to the client of the             ticket. The UPN_DNS_INFO structure is placed directly after the Buffers array of the topmost PACTYPE structure, at the offset specified in the  Offset field of the corresponding PAC_INFO_BUFFER structure in the Buffers array. The ulType field of the corresponding PAC_INFO_BUFFER is set  to      0x0000000C.

        UpnLength (2 bytes):  An unsigned 16-bit integer in little-endian format that specifies the length, in bytes, of the UPN field.

        UpnOffset (2 bytes):  An unsigned 16-bit integer in little-endian format that contains the offset to the beginning of the buffer, in bytes, from        the beginning of the UPN_DNS_INFO structure.

        DnsDomainNameLength (2 bytes):  An unsigned 16-bit integer in little-endian format that specifies the length, in bytes, of the DnsDomainName field.

        DnsOffset (2 bytes):  An unsigned 16-bit integer in little-endian format that contains the offset to the beginning of the buffer, in bytes, from        the beginning of the UPN_DNS_INFO structure.

      Flags (4 bytes):  An unsigned 32-bit integer in little-endian format that MUST be 0.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Richard Guthrie
Open Protocols Support Team
Support Escalation Engineer, US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM
Tel: +1 (469) 775-7794
E-mail: rguthrie at microsoft.com
We're hiring http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.aspx?JobID=A976CE32-B0B9-41E3-AF57-05A82B88383E&start=1&interval=10&SortCol=DatePosted