[cifs-protocol] Re: 601628 RE: Mapping of MS-LSAD onto LDAP and DRS replications

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Aug 13 03:51:29 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 19:57 -0700, Richard Guthrie wrote:
> Andrew,
> We have completed our investigation of your request to include information linking the structures in the backing store for LSA with the MS-LSAD documents.  We have focused on the methods related to trusted domain operations.  The list of these methods can be found in section 3.1.4.7.  To summarize, all of these methods deal with various aspects of manipulating/querying Trusted Domain Objects as defined in section 7.1.6 of the MS-ADTS documentation.

I think we still have a fair way to go with this, but that at least
provides some of the missing links.

I'll note that on further reading, much of what I'm after can actually
be answered pretty simply - if the table in MS-LSAD 3.1.1.5 and MS-ADTS
7.1.6.7 were combined.

But as to your response, as a start, I'll pick on:

> 3.)    InformationClass == TrustedPasswordInformation
> LSAPR_TRUSTED_PASSWORD_INFO (MS-LSAD section 2.2.46)
> This can be any of the stored secret objects on the TDO such as
> TrustAuthIncoming and TrustAuthOutgoing (MS-ADTS section 7.1.6.7.10
> and 7.1.6.7.11)

So (and this in part relates to my broader question), what is the link
between G$$<trustedomainname> secrets and trustAuthIncoming.  Please
specify to the extent that given an LDAP database, possibly containing
such trust objects, I could both set and query these values, with the
this call and with the secrets calls.