[cifs-protocol] RE: Mapping of MS-LSAD onto LDAP and DRS replications

Richard Guthrie rguthrie at microsoft.com
Fri Aug 1 14:40:07 GMT 2008

Andrew,

The trace you sent previously lines up with expected behavior the documentation defines (This was also verified with a review of the code also).  You can see starting with packet 530 that the client tells the server that it does support signing but the server responds in packet 534 that it does not.  From there in frames 535-538 show the client and server not using header signing for the remainder of the conversation which is in line with the documentation.  We do see the client and server encrypting the body of the request as per the authentication level being set to Privacy.

Can you send a capture that exhibits the behavior you describe with NTLMv2 as well as clarify your comments about behavior you have seen in the past?  Basically I need as much information as you can provide on the behavior you have experienced to help understand the problem.  This would help to isolate the behavior you are seeing and complete additional analysis as required.

Richard Guthrie
Open Protocols Support Team
Support Escalation Engineer, US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM 7100 N Hwy 161, Irving, TX - 75039 "Las Colinas - LC2"
Tel: +1 469 775 7794
E-mail: rguthrie at microsoft.com
We're hiring http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.aspx?JobID=A976CE32-B0B9-41E3-AF57-05A82B88383E&start=1&interval=10&SortCol=DatePosted