[cifs-protocol] How to generate multiple blocks of AndX packet

Adam Simpkins simpkins at neopathnetworks.com
Fri Mar 24 20:06:07 GMT 2006

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 10:16:11AM +0000, Joseph Kuan wrote:
>  Sorry in advance if this is irrelvant to the mailing list. I am a
> beginner in SMB.
>
>  I have a Windows XP Pro mounted to a RedHat 9.1 samba share. I am
> running ethereal on another box checking the details of SMB protocol.
> However, whatever I do on the XP box, I can only generate SMB packets
> with the AndXCommand == SMB_COM_NONE in the first AndX block. How can I
> generate multiple AndX blocks within a SMB packet?

As far as I have observed, most recent Windows clients very rarely
send chained AndX requests.

However, there is one case where I know that Windows XP clients send
an AndX request: if the server does not support extended security
exchanges, the Windows client will send a chained SESSION_SETUP_ANDX
and TREE_CONNECT_ANDX request.

I think if you set "use spnego = no" in your samba's smb.conf, that
should probably disable its support for extended security exchanges.

--
Adam Simpkins
simpkins at neopathnetworks.com