[ccache] Ccache version 4.1 has been released
joel at rosdahl.net
Sun Nov 22 20:11:10 UTC 2020
Ccache version 4.1 is now available. Release archives can be found here:
- Symlinks are now followed when guessing the compiler. This makes ccache
able to guess compiler type “GCC” for a common symlink chain like this:
“/usr/bin/cc” → “/etc/alternatives/cc” → “/usr/bin/gcc” → “gcc-9” →
- Added a new “compiler_type” (“CCACHE_COMPILERTYPE”) configuration option
that allows for overriding the guessed compiler type.
- Added support for caching compilations with “-fsyntax-only”.
- Added a command line option “--config-path”, which specifies the
configuration file to operate on. It can be used instead of setting
- The original color diagnostics options are now retained when forcing
colored output. This fixes a bug where feature detection of the
“-fcolor-diagnostics” option would succeed when run via ccache even though
the actual compiler doesn’t support it (e.g. GCC <4.9).
- Fixed a bug related to umask when using the “umask” (“CCACHE_UMASK”)
- Allow “ccache ccache compiler ...” (repeated “ccache”) again.
- Fixed parsing of dependency file in the “depend mode” so that filenames
with space or other special characters are handled correctly.
- Fixed rewriting of the dependency file content when the object filename
includes space or other special characters.
- Fixed runtime detection of AVX2 support, not relying on the sometimes
broken “__builtin_cpu_support” routine.
- Added missing parameters to a log call, thus avoiding a crash when it is
found out at runtime that file cloning is unsupported by the OS.
Portability and build fixes:
- The ccache binary is now linked with “libatomic” if needed. This fixes
build problems with GCC on ARM and PowerPC.
- Fixed build of BLAKE3 code with Clang 3.4 and 3.5.
- Fixed “use of undeclared identifier 'CLONE_NOOWNERCOPY'” build error on
- Fixed build problems related to missing AVX2 and AVX512 support on older
- Fixed static linkage with libgcc and libstdc++ for MinGW and made it
- Fixed conditional compilation of “robust mutex” code for the inode cache
- Fixed badly named man page filename (“Ccache.1” instead of “ccache.1”).
- Disabled some tests on ancient Clang versions.
Other improvements and fixes:
- The man page is now built by default if the required tools are available.
- Use CMake “A2X_EXE” variable instead of hardcoded “a2x”.
- Improved build errors when building ccache with very old compiler versions.
- Fall back to version “unknown” when Git is not installed.
- Documented the relationship between “CCACHE_DIR” and “-d/--directory”.
- Fixed incorrect reference and bad markup in the manual.
Contributors (in alphabetical order) to this release:
- Alexander Lanin
- Erik Flodin
- Joel Rosdahl
- Orgad Shaneh
- Yoshimasa Niwa
More information about the ccache