[ccache] ccache version 3.7 has been released (correction of changelog)
joel at rosdahl.net
Tue Apr 23 19:48:40 UTC 2019
[The previous mail contained changelog entries for ccache 3.6. Sorry
about that, I've rewritten my scripts for doing releases and this one
ccache version 3.7 is now available.
The source archives have been signed with my OpenPGP key (ID 5594ADB8,
fingerprint 5A93 9A71 A467 92CF 5786 6A51 996D DA07 5594 ADB8):
You can run “gpg --verify ccache-3.7.tar.*.asc” to check the source
archive integrity after download.
Note: New release files will no longer be uploaded to
https://www.samba.org/ftp/ccache, but old releases will remain there.
- Fixed crash when the debug mode is enabled and the output file is in a
non-writable directory, e.g. when the output file is `/dev/null`.
- Fixed an issue when printing very large log messages to the debug log.
- Fixed bugs related to support for `-gsplit-dwarf`. Previously ccache could
produce an incorrect link to the `.dwo` file in the `.o` file.
- Compilations with /dev/null as the input file are now cached.
- ccache has learned how to contruct the object filename if no `-o` option is
given and the source filename does not include a `.` or ends with a `.`.
- Fixed a temporary file leak when the depend mode is enabled and the compiler
produces standard error output.
- Fixed a bug in the depend mode where a manifest hash only could be associated
with one set of header dependencies.
- Manifest files did not get marked as used on direct cache hits, so the LRU
cache cleanup would incorrectly remove them eventually. This has been fixed.
- The rewriting of absolute paths into relative paths in the dependency file
has been enabled in the depend mode as well.
- ccache now ignores unknown keys in configuration files for forward
- Rearranged command-line options into sections in the help text.
- Documented the previously undocumented `--dump-manifest` and `--hash-file`
options (only useful for debugging ccache itself).
- Added missing documentation for the command-line option `-k/--get-config`
added in ccache 3.5.
- Renamed the `--print-config` command to `--show-config`.
- Added a new `--print-stats` command that prints statistics counters in
machine-parsable (tab-separated) format.
- ccache no longer creates a missing output directory, thus mimicking the
compiler behavior for `-o out/obj.o` when “out” doesn’t exist.
- `-fdebug-prefix-map=ARG`, `-ffile-prefix-map=ARG` and
`-fmacro-prefix-map=ARG` are now included in the hash, but only the part
before “ARG”. This fixes a bug where compiler feature detection of said flags
would not work correctly with ccache.
- Bail out on too hard compiler option `-gtoggle`.
- Bail out on too hard Clang options `--analyze` and `-analyze`.
- Improved debug logging of file hashes in depend mode.
- Improved handling of various `-g*` options. In particular, ccache now
understands that `-g0` cancels out previous `-g* options`.
- Worked around a problem with Automake related to `.d` files when using the
hard link mode.
- Added opt-in (at configure time) support for enabling trace logs for
profiling ccache itself. See `doc/DEVELOPER.md` in the code tree for more
- Removed support for Fortran 77 again. Some Fortran support was added in
ccache 3.3, but the implementation did not work when Fortran modules are
Contributors (in alphabetical order) to this release:
- Anders F Björklund
- Doug Anderson
- Joel Rosdahl
- Pavol Sakac
- Robert Yang
More information about the ccache