[ccache] ccache version 3.7 has been released
joel at rosdahl.net
Tue Apr 23 19:42:00 UTC 2019
ccache version 3.7 is now available.
Details may be read in the release notes:
Source archives are available here:
The source archives have been signed with my OpenPGP key (ID 5594ADB8,
fingerprint 5A93 9A71 A467 92CF 5786 6A51 996D DA07 5594 ADB8):
You can run “gpg --verify ccache-3.7.tar.*.asc” to check the source
archive integrity after download.
Note: New release files will no longer be uploaded to
https://www.samba.org/ftp/ccache, but old releases will remain there.
- ccache now has an opt-in “depend mode”. When enabled, ccache never
executes the preprocessor, which results in much lower cache miss
overhead at the expense of a lower potential cache hit rate. The
depend mode is only possible to use when the compiler option “-MD” or
“-MMD” is used.
- Added support for GCC's “-ffile-prefix-map” option. The
“-fmacro-prefix-map” option is now also skipped from the hash.
- Added support for multiple “-fsanitize-blacklist” arguments.
- ccache now includes the environment variables “LANG”, “LC_ALL”,
“LC_CTYPE” and “LC_MESSAGES” in the hash since they may affect
localization of compiler warning messages. Set sloppiness to “locale”
to opt out of this.
- Fixed a problem due to Clang overwriting the output file when
compiling an assembler file.
- Clarified the manual to explain the reasoning behind the “file_macro”
sloppiness setting in a better way.
- ccache now handles several levels of nonexistent directories when
rewriting absolute paths to relative.
- A new sloppiness setting “clang_index_store” makes ccache skip the
Clang compiler option “-index-store-path” and its argument when
computing the manifest hash. This is useful if you use Xcode, which
uses an index store path derived from the local project path. Note
that the index store won't be updated correctly on cache hits if you
enable this option.
- Rename sloppiness “no_system_headers” to “system_headers” for
consistency with other options. “no_system_headers” can still be used
as an (undocumented) alias.
- The GCC variables “DEPENDENCIES_OUTPUT” and “SUNPRO_DEPENDENCIES” are
now supported correctly.
- The algorithm that scans for “__DATE_” and “__TIME__” tokens in the
hashed source code now doesn't produce false positives for tokens
where “__DATE__” or “__TIME__” is a substring.
Contributors (in alphabetical order) to this release:
- Anders F Björklund
- Doug Anderson
- Joel Rosdahl
- Pavol Sakac
- Robert Yang
More information about the ccache