[ccache] State of ccache on Windows

Michael Augustin MAugustin at gmx.net
Wed Jun 19 17:40:04 MDT 2013

Hi CCache-Developer, Hi Andrew,

I've tried to get the latest version running on Windows, since ccache-win32-project and cygwin version is only 2.4.

I had success with compiling from source together with mingw/msys.

After starting up it complained about asserts. I've made some changes in the attached patch to get CCACHE_BASEDIR working with windows pathnames and drive letters. At least in my case, I could build into different build directories and the cache was working, because of the filepath abstracting with CCACHE_BASEDIR.

I've set CCACHE_BASEDIR to a directory with / like "C:/projects/myapp". In ccache I try to convert the paths from \\ to /.

Please look at the patch and tell me, what you think about it.

Kind regards,

Mica