[ccache] The future of ccache

Joel Rosdahl joel at rosdahl.net
Sun Jan 17 02:40:55 MST 2010

Hi again,

On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 09:22:27 +1100
tridge at samba.org wrote:

> I think it's probably time to find a new maintainer

Any progress in finding a new maintainer?

I don't want to force anything to happen, but at the same time I would
like figure out what I am to do with my ccache work. I'm beginning to
think that it's maybe better for me to create a project of my own to
get some more eyes on it and to get the code better tested without
risking to make ccache less stable. If and when the code can be deemed
stable and well tested, it could be reintegrated into ccache if wanted.
On the other hand, if I create a new project and hack away, it's more
likely that the projects will diverge and never join again, so I'm
still a bit undecided. Do you have any opinions about this?

Regards,
Joel