[ccache] environment variable for maxsize ?

Bogdan Harjoc harjoc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 23:38:21 GMT 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 11:16 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier.adi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 6:15 PM, Bogdan Harjoc <harjoc at gmail.com> wrote:
> > You are perhaps referring to the variable that gentoo's portage [1]
> > accepts (and passes to ccache as an option).
>
> it was my understanding that ccache respected this.  didnt realize we
> were hacking around the limitation in Gentoo by faking out the env var
> -> cmdline opt.
> -mike

Hm, by looking at the sources, it seems that "ccache -M" and "ccache -F"
store cache size limits in the $CACHE_DIR/*/stats files. Which *kind of*
makes
sense because the stats are updated after every run.

This means having an environment variable for "cache size" does not make
sense. Yay. Sorry for the noise.

Bogdan