[ccache] QUESTION: Multi-compiler support

Jay Godse jgodse at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 20:43:02 GMT 2004

Hi.

I'm working on a software code base that gets built for Solaris (using
the Solaris CC), AIX (using aixxlC), and an embedded platform using
g++. Do I have to do anything special to be able to use ccache as a
wrapper for all three compilers, or do I have to do something like

setenv CCACHE_DIR  $AIXCACHE; ccache aixxlC $(AIXOPTIONS)  file.cc

setenv CCACHE_DIR $CCCACHE; ccache CC $(SOLARISOPTIONS) file.cc

setenv CCACHE_DIR $GPPCACHE; ccache g++ $(GPPOPTIONS) file.cc

Curiously,    Jay Godse