[ccache] ccache and distcc not hitting caches

Michael Brotherston michael.brotherston at alcatel.com
Fri Nov 28 14:17:09 GMT 2003

Hello,

I've just started to use this cool tool, but came up with the following problem:

If I run ccache from my local machine I build a cache, where if I rebuild the same [unchanged]
files, every file is hit in the cache. If I then set the following environment variable:

CCACHE_PREFIX=distcc

and re-run the same build [using ONLY my machine for building], not one file is hit in the cache.

My setup is as follows: SunOS Release 5.8

Is there an option, or a patch I could use to remedy this problem? I would like to do simple builds
locally, while more indepth builds using multiple hosts.

Thanks,
Mike