[Samba] Linux Mint 21.3 client AD joined OK but no usb working

Douglas G. Oechsler doguibnu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 13:13:05 UTC 2024

Hello Marco!

I tried change the lines that you show but, not working

In the file:
/etc/security/group.conf

This kind file:
*; *; *; Al0000-2400; plugdev,fuse,scanner,video,audio,cdrom,floppy

and with (;)
*; *; *; Al0000-2400; plugdev;fuse;scanner;video;audio;cdrom;floppy
Still get the same messages

Thanks

Em sáb., 23 de mar. de 2024 às 12:41, Marco Gaiarin via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> escreveu:

> Mandi! Rowland Penny via samba
>   In chel di` si favelave...

> >> But, where do you insert this config, please?
>
> > This now sounds like a different problem to the subject matter, if
> > Samba is set up correctly, then the computer should always be able to
> > logon without problem (provided the network is working).
>
> ?! Probably in Ubuntu where policykit rule them all, but for other distro,
> also ubuntu-derivative like mint, still access to some devices is granted
> by
> group membership.
> So, yes, you login to the machine, but if you are NOT member of some group,
> you cannot do something...
>

> > Also the ' *; *; *; Al0000-2400;
> > plugdev,fuse,scanner,video,audio,cdrom,floppy' line suggested was from
> > a long time ago and was meant to be used with an NT4-style ldap domain
> > and not AD.
>
> Nothing to do with NT or AD; simply pam_group PAM module add/grand some
> group membership to user based on some rules. More info:
>

> https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/doc/libpam-doc/html/sag-pam_group.html
>
> my example is simply: add these group to all user that can auth to this
> workstation.
>
> The row have to be added to file /etc/security/group.conf .
>
> --
>   Ho ancora la forza di starvi a raccontare
>   le mie storie di sempre, di come posso amare          (F. Guccini)
>

> --

*Douglas Giovani Oechsler*
e-mail: doguibnu at gmail.com <douglasgiovani at oechsler.com.br>
*Prudentópolis - PR*