[Samba] Linux Mint 21.3 client AD joined OK but no usb working

Marco Gaiarin gaio at lilliput.linux.it
Fri Mar 22 13:33:03 UTC 2024

Mandi! Rowland Penny via samba
  In chel di` si favelave...

>> > For this, i use typically 'pam_group' module, with a simple config
>> > like:
>> >  *; *; *; Al0000-2400; plugdev,fuse,scanner,video,audio,cdrom,floppy
>> But, where do you insert this config, please?

> This now sounds like a different problem to the subject matter, if
> Samba is set up correctly, then the computer should always be able to
> logon without problem (provided the network is working).

?! Probably in Ubuntu where policykit rule them all, but for other distro,
also ubuntu-derivative like mint, still access to some devices is granted by
group membership.
So, yes, you login to the machine, but if you are NOT member of some group,
you cannot do something...

> Also the ' *; *; *; Al0000-2400;
> plugdev,fuse,scanner,video,audio,cdrom,floppy' line suggested was from
> a long time ago and was meant to be used with an NT4-style ldap domain
> and not AD.

Nothing to do with NT or AD; simply pam_group PAM module add/grand some
group membership to user based on some rules. More info:

	https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/doc/libpam-doc/html/sag-pam_group.html

my example is simply: add these group to all user that can auth to this
workstation.

The row have to be added to file /etc/security/group.conf .

--
  Ho ancora la forza di starvi a raccontare
  le mie storie di sempre, di come posso amare		(F. Guccini)