[Samba] Linux Mint 21.3 client AD joined OK but no usb working

Douglas G. Oechsler doguibnu at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 14:41:38 UTC 2024

Hello Rowland

Em sex., 15 de mar. de 2024 às 06:04, Rowland Penny via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> escreveu:

> On Thu, 14 Mar 2024 22:15:36 -0300
> "Douglas G. Oechsler via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > I joined Linux Mint at Samba AD DC version: 4.18.0.
>
> What version of Linux Mint ?

Linux Mint 21.3

As far as I can see, none of them come with 4.18.0

> > It was working
> > nice but, on the client station the usb ports are "closed".
>
> What are the 'client stations' ?

Are the clients inside AD. Clients that ingress on the domain.

> >You can
> > connect usb, hd usb and all show messages as: Not permitted.
> > Sorry, I do not remember the right  message. After joined we lost usb
> > ports.
>
> We are going to need the exact error message you are getting.
> However, I haven't heard of Samba affecting USB, perhaps you mean that
> you cannot write to the USB drive. This I have heard of, usually
> because the drive is formatted with a Windows filesystem.

Let me explain. One of the documents people here is a numerical register.
There is a bug (https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/15141) that is
not working well in this mode: Numerical Login.
So, on the CID Project page (https://cid-doc.github.io).  I found something
that fixes this, so the external usb disk and pendrive can be mounted at
the client side AD. I will test tomorrow.

Thank you.

Rowland

> --

*Douglas Giovani Oechsler*