[Samba] Linux Mint 21.3 client AD joined OK but no usb working

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Mar 15 09:03:41 UTC 2024

On Thu, 14 Mar 2024 22:15:36 -0300
"Douglas G. Oechsler via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I joined Linux Mint at Samba AD DC version: 4.18.0.

What version of Linux Mint ?
As far as I can see, none of them come with 4.18.0

> It was working
> nice but, on the client station the usb ports are "closed".

What are the 'client stations' ?

>You can
> connect usb, hd usb and all show messages as: Not permitted.
> Sorry, I do not remember the right  message. After joined we lost usb
> ports.

We are going to need the exact error message you are getting.
However, I haven't heard of Samba affecting USB, perhaps you mean that
you cannot write to the USB drive. This I have heard of, usually
because the drive is formatted with a Windows filesystem.

Rowland